Friday, November 9, 2007

God damn it I made one freaking big story out of my life in the past two months

Prologue:

Funny thing is first I wanted to write few words about certain things. Then I ended up adding chapters writing lot and lot. Finally I added epilogue to it in a novel style. As I added epilogue, I had to add prologue.

It is just what happened in my life in the past two months. I am not sure whether I should say it brief or too much. What ever it is, it is up to readers to say. I guess I wrote what ever I felt because it's my blog. It is up to some one else to read it now. They read it if they find it interesting, otherwise who cares.

Chapter - 1: Skydiving

Name it self sounds adventurous. Thats true. Skydiving is definitely exciting and adventurous. At the same time I am warning you guys, it is damn expensive too. It cost me 300 dollars. But I had video and photos too. I mean I paid 100 extra bucks for video and photos. There is no point if you don't get photos and video of these memorable things. How many times we would do things like this? So I think it was worth.

I went to state Maine for doing this. I drove there with my roommates. It took almost 4 hours to reach that place. Sad thing was I had already missed two times because of damn weather. I got lucky third time. I wore some nice outfit. May be I should say some jacket to protect from strong winds. More over it was really cold in the sky.

First they took us in small plane. It was kind of fascinating to see how small that plane was. It was kind of funny the way we sat in that plane. It was like RTC bus in India. There were two long benches in side the plane. There were total number of 16 people. Thats it. You first sit on the bench. Your instructor (the guy you jump with) sits behind you and ties your body to his body with some belts. When the plane altitude is 10,000 feet, you both jump. Another guy jumps one second ahead of you to take the video and photos of you.

I am sure I was not scared at all. But I was kind of little bit nervous I guess. Funny thing is once I jumped in to the air, it felt awesome. You go down so fast, at one point you think that some thing wrong happened and you are going to hit the ground. Because those two guys talk to each other using some sign language. Of course some screaming too. You hear loud sounds of air thudding you from all the sides. But with in no time you realized that everything is fine. we actually hug the other guy like a frog. I mean our posture looks like frog. After a while when we reached right altitude, they showed some signs to each other and go separately. From there onwards he releases a parachute and you start coming down little bit slowly compared first minute free fall. But believe me that free fall feels amazing. Then the guy with you changes the direction of fall by pulling some cords of parachute. If he doesn't pull anything it just goes down. When he pulls the card on the left hand side it moves to left side. I mean it moves to left hand side in a free fall motion. During that time you feel some kind of weird in your stomach. For example when the plane takes off, we feel the same thing because of pressure difference. It was the same feeling I felt. In another 2 minutes we were almost down. When we go down close to the ground, we realize how fast we are coming down. In the end you just slide down on the ground so that nothing happens to our legs and back.

In a way it was truly amazing experience. My advice to anyone who wants to do this but scared of heights is simple. You are scared of heights when you know what the height is. I mean for example if you are standing on the roof of the building you see the ground from there and get scared because you know how high you are standing. But believe me you don't see anything except beautiful clouds form the plane. I mean you don't see ground at all. So where is the point of getting scared. It's all in our mind. So get over it and try to do it. It will be an amazing experience in your life. I am sure you will say the same thing to me when you do it.

So what's next? I talked to one of my friends yesterday. He lives i Texas. During winter I am planning to go to his place if everything works fine. There I will do this diving one more time with him. I will try to do all the crazy things. I mean what ever they have. I will try everything. There is no point in getting scared. If you get scared you are missing something. Remember this simple fact. If you think like that you will never get scared of anything.

chapter 2: What's happening Sreedhar-No updates on your blog

Look at my title of this part. This is what one of my close friends asked me a while ago. I felt like writing some thing on my blog too many times. But as usual I kept on postponing. Finally here I am. I want to write what happened in my life in the past two months.

In my last blog I wrote that I had got my license. Right? One week after getting my license, I was ready to hit the interstate. I wanted to go at the speeds of 90 mph. Suddenly one day I decided to go to Pittsburgh. One of my close friend's brother is living in that city. He is from the same part of India where I am from. More over he got married just two months before the time I decided to go to his place. I thought that it would be proper to go to his place so that I could meet new couple. I knew his wife too, not in person. I talked to her on the phone few times. Any way I googled the directions and took the printouts.

I wanted to start very early in the morning. But because of what ever reasons, I started something around 9am. First thing I wanted to do was gas filling. So in a way I started my journey. Funny thing is within 2 minutes one lady who was ahead of me hit the bus with his car from behind. Whole traffic stopped for a while and I was feeling kind of uneasy. So again I went back home and had some water and started journey afresh again.

Initially people told me that it was not a good thing to go on such a long journey as it was just one week since I had got my license. But I guess I was extremely confident and motivated. I think all that euphoria is common for anyone. I mean when we learn driving, it feels like driving for ever. I was also no exception to that feeling. At the beginning it self I missed my route. But later it helped me in recognizing the route signs properly. At one place there were multiple lanes on the interstate. I mean you are in between two cars one on left and another on right traveling at the speeds of 70 mph. You feel kind of anxious to move away from the lane. I guess people feel tense to see cars on both sides and try hard to stay in their lanes and do mistakes because of anxiety. Luckily I didn't feel anything like that. Good for me. Another funny thing that happened was I had to go right, but I went left. I looked at the junction. It looked pretty scary. I mean if I go in that direction, I thought that I would definitely end up some where not knowing how to get back to my original route. So I started reversing on that exit. People were looking at me as though I was crazy person. Of course I couldn't expect any better than that. After that my journey was really really smooth. There were two long stretches (one was 330 miles and another was 120 miles). First one was not covered with trees. So I could easily look for cops well ahead of time. I started going at very high speeds like 90mph. The other stretch was covered with huge trees on both side of the road. Cops are kind of sneaky. They stay in those corners where you can't see them in time. So on that road I was going with in speed limit.

Finally I reached my friends place. I didn't have any problem in finding his apartment. Some one opened the doors of that building. My friend was expecting me very late into night. But because of my over speeding, I had reached that place very soon. I kept on calling him as I didn't remember his apartment number in that building. It seems he forgot his cell in his car and was coming down to pick it up. He was kind of shocked to see me there that early.

I spent 3 days with their family. I didn't visit that many places though. I visited famous Sri Venkateswara temple. Most of the time I stayed in side his house. The best thing was I had Indian homemade food. My friend's wife is also form the same district where I am from. She prepared different in those 3 days for my sake. She made all those curries just the way my mother makes. I felt so happy to have good food after long time.

Coming back was kind of easy. I didn't take any break at all. The total journey time was 11 hours. But some how I was not tired at all. But definitely this journey made me feel very good about my self. I guess it made my confidence level shoot up. It made me believe in my self. I was feeling so confident at one point of time I was trying to pass the cars ahead of me on the rural routes too. It is kind of dangerous to do so. But its damn fun. Another thing was it started raining heavily at the end of my journey. I realized how difficult it is to drive in the night when it is raining. We definitely need to maintain more breaking distance between our car and the vehicle ahead of us.

That's it. By the time I reached my place, all the euphoria was gone. Same life, same home and same problems. Oh my God. More over the rain made me feel very depressed. I still remember I came home with the feeling as though I won some kind of war. Once I entered home, there was no one. All the harsh realities showered on my face. I was like 'Shit I need to go to university tomorrow morning. Fuc* this man'.


chapter 3: Great friend & Motorcycle disaster

When I was in India, during my engineering time, like all other young students I always wanted to ride motorcycle. But some how I used to hesitate a lot to ask other people for motorcycle. When ever I talk about motorcycle one thing always comes to my mind. Let me share that with you.

Before I joined engineering school, during my intermediate education (11th and 12th grades) I used to live with 4 more roommates. We all came to that big town from small villages around that town. We had one common friend from that town who had one good motorcycle. I think it was yamaha. All my roommates used to ask him a lot for this motorbike. When ever he gave them bike, they had accidents. Funnily all the time damage was done for the bike. He was such a nice friend, he never asked them to pay for it. In stead he stopped giving bike to them anymore. But I never asked him for bike in those two years time. After two years, one day he came to me and said "Sreedhar let's go I will teach you how to ride bike. You can learn on my bike. I always thought that you would also ask me for bike. But you never did. I was wrong about you and now I want to help you with this". In a way he liked me being never tempted to ask for bike. Any way I had one important engineering entrance exam the next week. So I thanked him and told him that I would jeopardize my future if I had broke something while trying to ride bike.

Strangely I never got opportunity in my life again to ride the bike. I guess we have to lounge forward to catch the opportunity when ever it knocks on our doors. I didn't do that and I could never get it again.

Before I tell more I need to make some thing else clear before you think that what I am going to write here is irrelevant to the story. Some time back I used to have 3 roommates at my place. Now I have 3 roommates. Out of them two were girls and one was guy. One of the girls had some motorbike. This time, I didn't feel shy or hesitate to ask her for bike. She openly told me I could always use her bike as long as I am responsible. I mean if something happens to the bike, then I need to fix it. That was the unspoken agreement. But nonetheless I was extremely careful. I got the hang of shifting the gears within half an hour. Especially starting the bike was pain in the ass. I mean moving the bike in the first gear. All the time we release the clutch suddenly in stead of doing it slowly. Some how I found it simple to do after 5 to 6 tries.

Then happened miracle. You know what? I have great friends. Why am I saying this here all the way suddenly? Read this carefully and properly. You might feel that you don't have that great friends like I have. One of my best friends gave me $2500 just like that to buy the motorbike. I don't mean to say that he is my best friend just because he gave me some money. I am sure if some thing happens to me right now and I need right away kidney transfer from some one, then I can confidently say that there are at least 4 to 5 friends who would that for me. I would also do the same thing for them. That kind of friendship I have with them. But I don't want to take advantage of it either. I will definitely pay back double the amount to my friend when I get job or have a chance to get good amount of money every month. I will never forget it in my life and will pay back double the amount to show my gratitude. My friend name is Kishan. Thanks ra Kishan.

My title says motorcycle disaster. My roommate was so happy to have new toy. He wanted to ride my bike more than I did. So he took my bike even though it was raining and tried to give show off. In the end the result was he dumped my bike within 2 hours of purchase. Thats it. I felt so pissed off and mad at him. Still I kept my cool and asked him to fix it. I have to change whole cowling, gear shifing lever and stickers. By the way I forgot to tell you what bike it is. It is Kawasaki Ninja EX250R. That means 250CC bike. Its definitely nice bike. I am planning to fix it this week. Hopefully everything should be ok with it and it should run smoothly. I know that I can't use it for long time as its freaking cold outside right now here in Vermont. But next summer I am sure its going to be damn fun.

Now my roommate got the new parts. I am taking the bike to dealer tomorrow if time permits. Then I may use it for a while, I mean until it snows here. Then I keep this bike inside my home till next summer. The most exciting part I am going to learn a lot of things about motorcycles. I always love to read manuals, and finding information about engines, etc. So in a way I want to see my self to be able to fix the bike on my own if something happens. More over here in USA manual labor is damn expensive. Being a mechanical engineer, I always feel very bad as I don't know anything about the cars and motorbikes. So in a way first step is knowing about motorcycles. Next step is car.

If everything works out I want to buy a car some time this year. I want to buy some cheap car with manual transmission. I feel there is no fun in driving automatics. I tried the car with manual transmission and found it to be really exciting. Especially shifting gears. Definitely fun. Thats why I want to go for this one. More over automatics are expensive compared to manual ones. The good thing is I got the hang of shifting gears in the first 5 minutes it self. Cool. Right?

Now I have motorcycle learning permit. I can renew it 2 more times. Every time it is valid for 4 months. So in a way I will go for license next year in the summer. Its definitely good to have motorcycle endorsement on drivers license.

I guess I am in the process of realizing one of my dreams. It is all possible just because of my best friend Kishan. Once again thank you Kishan. I will remember it for ever. I will be always obliged to you Kishan. Thanks a lot.


Chapter 4: My Research - life sucks


Funny. I came to USA for PhD, the last thing I ever wanted to do. But destiny had different say. I ended up in PhD. Life is definitely strange. I always hated going to school all my life. I still remember I used to look for ways to escape going to school when I was kid. After that I used to bunk the school when I was in kind of boarding school giving some stupid health reasons. After that I was on my own during intermediate. I never went to school properly during that time. I enjoyed being on my own. I loved the idea of not being told by some one else. Then ultimate period was engineering. Believe me I didn't go to college continuously for almost one and half year. Then I had to go to Sweden for masters. I guess I would have gone for something else if there had been opportunity to go to western countries other than studies. Now I came to USA like any one else. I needed some reason. That was PhD. Funnily I am still in the school. In a way I love the idea that I am still in the school. I do hundreds of things here which my friends can't do as they are working.

I am sure I would have stopped going to school if my family was rich. Even though I never liked going to school, I always knew that the only thing that could bring the living level of my family was studies. The other thing is I always loved learning new things. Especially I loved mathematics and physics like anything. I loved learning those things on my own. I never liked the idea of listening to some one else. It doesn't mean that it is bad to listen to some great teachers. Only thing is I didn't like it. I still remember one thing. I used to read 7th grade mathematics books when I was in 5th grade. That was the my interest in mathematics. Then I was all the way in to Physics when I was in 11th grade. Some of my friends who used to get good points in mathematics got bad marks in Physics. For me it was ok. Then I understood one thing. If some one is good in mathematics, there is no guarantee that he would do good in Physics, but where as opposite is quite true. I mean if you are good in Physics, then you will do very good in Mathematics. Maths is just kind of tool to understand Physics. Physics is the force behind nature. It was amazing the way scientists found all these great things. Worst thing is some times we spend so much time in understanding the things that have been explained very well in the text books. Think about it. That means we are not able to understand the things that have been already in to existence. But when some one found it first time, there was nothing before he started it. There was no one to explain things. Oh my God, I don't know how mind works like that. One has to be damn imaginative and think differently from all others. Especially it is quite difficult to think different from the society you are part of. Most of us are followers of society. We get scared to deviate from the path of the society. Very few people do this and succeed in life and get great name.

Enough rambling. For the past one month, I haven't done that much research. I mean I didn't do that much work as part of my research. More over this semester I am Research Assistant. So I have time more than anyone in my department. Still I ended up wasting my time like anything. Adding to my lack of motivation, my adviser has been busy all the time. Finally I had meeting with him yesterday and got something to work on. My work has been shifted to new to project on Lipid bilayers. It is kind of exciting to use programming for the biological applications. Finally I am motivated to do some good work. Let's see what happens.

Chapter 5: Dance performance for Diwali

One thing I always wanted to do in India was dancing. Dancing in front of lot of people. I could have done this in front of hundreds of students in my engineering college. But I didn't guts to do like that then. Finally last year I realized one harsh truth in my life. one day suddenly I came to my senses to know the fact that if I didn't do anything now then I could never get another chance in my life again. I felt that it was my last chance as a student in the university. That feeling made me feel very happy and very tense at the same time. Happy because I finally realized something. Tense because it won't be easy to do something just because I realized some fact in my head. In a way first time I took the position of GSS Secretary here. I had to speak up in front of Americans. I gave 5 minute speech It was first time in my life to do something in front of people. For the first 10 seconds, I was literally shaking. But after that I was really fluent and felt at ease. It feels really good to look back and to see that I used to speak in English in front of lot of people in different meetings. Because of that position I learned website designing, html programming etc. I guess I totally deviated from dance thing.

Coming back to dancing, last year I gave dance performance with one of my friend for Diwali festival. People loved it. Especially Americans. They said I danced really well. All the time I knew one thing. Even though I am not a great dancer, I could dance really well if some one shows me the steps. I mean I have my moves. Only thing is I need to practice. We practiced well for one Telugu and one Tamil song. We danced for almost 5 minutes on the stage. It was mass dance. All the time there were whistles and claps. It was really cool. I felt so happy to do that, then it self I decided to give dance performance this year too.

This year I gave dance performance. This time I danced alone on the stage. I danced to one Telugu mass song titled Naire Naire from movie Andhrawala. It is a nice and fast paced song. The actor Jr. NTR dances really well in this song. I tried to copy whole song as it is. I could follow almost all steps except one or two. I couldn't practice for too many days. I think I practiced it for just 3 days. Last day I practiced whole day. I got serious muscle cramps 3 hours before the event. I thought that I wouldn't be able to dance on the stage. I was kind of tense. My whole body was literally shaking like anything. I never take painkillers for anything. But I took almost 10 painkillers in two days to get rid of pains so that I could practice. That was my dedication. At one point of time, event coordinator asked me whether I would do the dance. I assured her that I would dance in any case. Because I know for sure that if I don't dance, later I would repent a lot.

On the day of event, I took almost 6 painkillers, 2 energy shots, 2 energy drinks, etc. Then when my muscles started giving me real pain, I stopped practice. I had 2 hours time for the event. Another one and half an hour for my performance. I was kind of tense before going to the stage. Mine was the last performance. All my friends had high hopes on my performance as I was the only guy dancing. All other performances were from girls.

I practiced my dance on a big floor. But the stage in the event was very small. More over there were music instruments all over the place. I was not sure how I would adjust my self to dance on such a small stage. Any how once I took the stage, I got all the energy in the world (may be because I took one energy shot, 2 more painkillers right before I went on to the stage) and started dancing freely. For the first 3 steps I didn't face audience. But I could hear the sound. When I turned towards audience they looked curious to see my dance. I could see that they were paying all of their attention. That's it. I felt energetic like anything. I started dancing really well with right energy putting in to steps. But I lost rhythm some times considering the small stage. And I got tired too soon as I tried to dance too fast. Any way I gave big shock to my friends in the last 30 seconds.

When the song was about to be over in another 30 seconds, I turned other side and wore cooling glasses and turned towards audience. That's it. whole auditorium was in claps and whistles. People had big smiles on their faces. Honestly for me everything was kind of dark for a while. I did one cool Hrithik step with those glasses. It was moving pelvis in 360 degrees keeping one hand pulling the center of jeans above zip, and the other hand in the air showing one finger to the sky. I always loved that step. So did the audience. Everyone liked it. In fact loved it. This time lot of people came to me and praised me like anything. For Americans it was totally strange to move body like that. It felt so good to hear it from lot of girls. Another good thing is one Telugu family came to me and said you made us proud by doing Telugu song. I felt so happy to hear that I made sure that there is some one from Telugu.

Now I am eagerly waiting for photos and video. I will upload them on Orkut once I have them. When I had meeting with my adviser he asked me about it and congratulated me on that performance. He couldn't make it to the function as he has some other commitments. But it seems he heard that I danced well through some other faculty. Some other thing that made me feel extremely happy was one American couple started following my steps and asked me to teach some steps. You should have seen me that day. I was literally in the air all the time. Then they said they are planning to go to India some time this winter. They made that decision after watching our function. Thats definitely good.

Now I am determined to dance next year too. Next year I will dance for at least 3 songs. I make sure that I do one duet with one girl, one class dance and one mass dance. By the way I forgot to tell you one thing. I wore one saffron colored bandanna on my forehead. I did this to have a mass look. Kind of rowdy-ish look. I will practice well ahead of time next year and make it memorable last time in my life. hats off to university life. Finally I am having real student life. Finally I got courage to do things in my life. I mean these are small things. But they give us life long satisfaction. I definitely felt proud of my self on that day. So my advice to you is if you want to do something, then don't hesitate to do it as long as it is good thing to do. Go for it. Give what ever you have to give. The result would be definitely worth. May be more than what you give.


Chapter 6: Thank you Stephanie - I owe you a lot


You might wonder who she is. She is my roommate. She is from Germany. She moved to America after living in Germany for first 16 years of her life. I met her here at my University last year. Now she is my roommate. In a way I am obligated lot of things in my life. I am really thankful to her for everything. I will be always thankful and will remember it forever.

In India I was always ok when it came to written English. But when it came to speaking, I had no clue. I mean I was able to speak. But I used to feel very shy thinking that people would tease me if I made mistakes. But some how I got rid of that feeling when I was in Sweden. I mean I had to speak English all the time for survival. Still it was not enough as I was living with Indians all the time. Then I came to USA for my PhD. Here I met Stephanie and we two became very good friends with in no time. Then we moved to the same apartment. As I started spending more and more time with Stephanie and her American friends and my other American roommates and Stephanie's siblings, the better my English became. Now I speak good English according to them.

When I first met Stephanie's sister, she asked me how long I have been here in USA. When I told her one and half year, she said I speak very good English considering that short time. Now I feel even more confident in speaking. Stephanie always tells me one thing. We never lose accent. The change is rhythm of speaking. I mean some times we put more stress on certain syllables where we shouldn't. This makes whole difference. She told me that the Indian accent is my identity here in USA. She thinks one should never lose their identity. That's true. I guess I changed my rhythm of speaking, but not my accent. I still remember when I gave ride to one new masters student from Bombay, India, he told me later that he had liked my accent very much. I felt really happy to hear that because I still remember how much trouble I had with English when I was kid.

Till 7th grade I did all my schooling i Telugu medium. I could write and spell things in English. That was it. Nothing more than that. I couldn't make any sentences. I didn't know any grammar. I couldn't understand one word in English. That was the case. Then suddenly I had to switch to English medium in eighth grade. Till then I was one of the class toppers. But in eighth grade because I had to write everything in English, I didn't have any clue to do that. First time in my life I got bad marks in 3 subjects (social sciences, science, English). Mathematics didn't make any difference. I mean everything was same if I understood the question which was in English. Still some times I lost marks because I couldn't understand the question properly.

One day I got so scared of my English teacher, I wrote all the answers on small chits and copied everything from it. I felt so bad doing that. I still remember that I promised my self I would never do that again. In fact I never did that again i my life. You might be wondering how I knew the exact questions on the exam to write all the answers down on the chits. Actually because of some family problems, I left to my village for one week. In that one week new teacher joined the school for teaching English. When I came back I missed the first exam English. So I had to take it alone at her home. First she tole me she would give different exam from other students. But suddenly in the afternoon she told me that she would give the same exam she gave it to other students some time back. She asked me to prepare well because I know the questions. But there was only one hour left. Even though I knew the questions I had to remember them by heart as I didn't understand English that well then. Anyway I got good marks in that exam as I copied the solutions. From then onwards I got very bad marks as I never used chits again. First time she praised me like anything. From second time, it was scolding all the time.

Because of what ever reasons, she used to ask me lot of questions in the class. Once class starts I used to be the first student to stand up. Damn I still remember I used to get so tense before English class. More over her rule was everyone had to speak everything in English in her class. For me speaking in Telugu it self in front of all other students was a big thing. Then how could I speak in English? One day she asked me to stand up and asked me answer one question. Frankly I didn't understand anything. I just stood up and kept quite. She asked me to speak something. Still I kept quiet. Then she yelled at me and said she would give me severe punishment if I didn't speak up. Still I didn't speak up. Then she told all other students in the class she wouldn't teach the class unless I spoke something. Then everyone in the class started urging me to speak something. I was determined not to speak up as I was not sure what to speak. I didn't know anything about answer. First of all I didn't understand question. Any way she then said I would have to stand all the year in her class if I didn't speak up. Still I didn't speak up. After that I used to stand up on the bench everyday. It continued like that for almost one week. Then one day finally she came to me and started smiling and said Sreedhar I lost the challenge, I think even God can't win with such a adamant guy like you. So please sit down I will never ask you any more any questions. She even did namaste kind of gesture. All the students in the class started smiling. I felt literally embarrassed . At the same time I felt very happy too. You know why? Because she said she would never ask me questions again. But it was just for one day. She didn't care about that in the next class. The whole thing started from the next class again.

Then we had different teacher in the 9th class. In the eighth class name of teacher was Soujanya. Even though she was very strict, she was very good at teaching. I mean I found that after one more year. When I was in 9th grade, I was working on some English homework. First time I found that we could write part of answer from the question it self. For example if the question is "what is your name?", then we could start or write part of answer from the question it self like "My name is" Sreedhar. Only thing we need to change is from your to my and we need to add name Sreedhar. I felt so happy that day as thought I invented something. From then onwards, I never looked back in my life with English.

We had the same teacher Miss Soujanya in the 10th grade. I got good in English by then. In one of the half year exams, I got the first mark in English. She called me to the front of the class and praised me like anything. Best moment of my life. From there it was always going forward. It was always improvement. Finally now I am able to write and speak English with confidence.

When I first came to states, I used to get nervous to speak to some one in English on the phone. I used to think that people on the other side would have problems in understanding my accent. But after a while I slowly overcame that feeling and now I am able to speak very freely to any one on the other side of the connection. Before the other person on the phone used ask me repeatedly what I spoke like what, pardon something like that. But now I never have any problems like that. It feels really good. My only problem is some times it is really hard to spell my name Sreedhar. Other than that I don't have any problems with my English. Considering my difficulties with English when I was kid, it has been definitely a very long journey.

In a way it was my determination and hard work that helped me to reach this level. Still it would have been impossible if there was no help from Stephanie. I always owe this to Stephanie. Thank you Steph for all your help. I will never forget this in my life. At least to fill my obligation, I will take her to India some time in the future. I always promised her that I would show her India. I mean I promised her I would be with her in visiting different countries.

She was the one who taught me driving car. I learned riding bike because of her. Even though I was interested in adventurous things like skydiving, I was able to do that because of her. She was the one who gave me car to go to Pittsburgh. she was the one who taught me roller blading. I couldn't have done Penguin Plunge with out her. She was the one who encouraged me to learn swimming. She was the one who encouraged me to do dancing for Diwali. Finally I can say that she is the one for all the changes in my life. She made me grow my level of confidence. I owe her millions of things. Thank you Stephanie. Thank you so much. I will never forget your help. I will be always obliged to you.

Epilogue:

Oho my God. I wrote pages and pages I guess. I don't think it is a blog. I definitely need a publisher soon :). Any way it gives me immense satisfaction to write things like this. I missed it for a while. So I made up for that my typing continuously for almost 3 hours. Any way if there is something useful you find in this, then grab it. If you think it is all my crazy stuff, then just don't care about it. But please definitely don't try to judge me. I hate being judged. I guess everyone does.

cheers,
Sreedhar.

No comments:

PBS Script Generator: Interdependent dropdown/select menus in Javascript

PBS SCRIPT GENERATOR
SH/BASH TCSH/CSH
Begin End Abort

About Me

LA, CA, United States
Here I write about the battles that have been going on in my mind. It's pretty much a scribble.

Sreedhar Manchu

Sreedhar Manchu
Higher Education: Not a simple life anymore