Monday, March 25, 2013

Giving an icon to an applescript application

I showed how to save an applescript code as an application in my previous post. In this post I will show how to give a different image to an applescript application to replace the customary apple applet icon. I've already saved one of my codes that opens my gmail web account in safari (check my previous posts) as an app "GMail" on my Desktop.

First thing I did was to choose an icon from google images. Just search for whatever image you'd like to give it to your app. I chose some GMail image that came up in the images search. Then, open the image with preview.

Select the image and copy it to clipboard.




Then, right click on the app you saved and select "Get Info".


Click on the applet icon in the left most corner of the info window that has opened up. You can blue shade around the icon highlighting the fact it has been selected.



After that, just paste the image we've copied onto clipboard from preview by doing command + v. Now, you can see that icon has been changed.


This is what I've got on my Desktop. As you can see the icon of the app has been changed. This looks much better. Right?


Now, you can simply drag this app onto your dock and with one click you have your application running.



No comments:

PBS Script Generator: Interdependent dropdown/select menus in Javascript

PBS SCRIPT GENERATOR
SH/BASH TCSH/CSH
Begin End Abort

About Me

LA, CA, United States
Here I write about the battles that have been going on in my mind. It's pretty much a scribble.

Sreedhar Manchu

Sreedhar Manchu
Higher Education: Not a simple life anymore