Monday, August 22, 2011

Making personal keyboard shortcuts to Applications on Mac

As every Mac user does I often open System Preferences. I don't like to use either track pad or mouse. So I made my own shortcut. First, open up System Preferences, then Keyboard, Keyboard shortcuts. Select Application Shortcuts in the left pane. Then click on + to add the short cut. Select the application in the dialogue box that has popped up and give it a name. Finally, next to Keyboard shortcut just press the entire keyboard sequence you want to have it as a shortcut. For example, I pressed <lat> + <command> + <single quote> at the same time. As soon as you are done pressing the keys you'd see the sequence in the box. Click add and you are done. See the pic below to see what I'm talking about. I guess pics make things easier.

By the way, the reason behind choosing chose alt + command + ' for the system preferences is that every application preferences on Mac can be accessed with keyboard shortcut of command + '. Hence I've just added alt to it. Makes sense I guess.


No comments:

PBS Script Generator: Interdependent dropdown/select menus in Javascript

PBS SCRIPT GENERATOR
SH/BASH TCSH/CSH
Begin End Abort

About Me

LA, CA, United States
Here I write about the battles that have been going on in my mind. It's pretty much a scribble.

Sreedhar Manchu

Sreedhar Manchu
Higher Education: Not a simple life anymore