Friday, May 28, 2010

Couldn't have been creepier than this

"Hey Sreedhar, what's up man?" asked me my racquetball mate on last Monday. My reply was "not much man". "So how was your weekend" was the next question. Even though I wanted to give some elaborate answer, I ended up giving casual reply "it's ok". While playing my match I thought to myself "wow, actually, I went to see a movie at the weekend". I started smiling thinking what his expression would be in case I told him where I saw the movie. I know you must be thinking that I must have seen this movie in some great theater or on some cool HDTV. Nope, your guess is quite wrong.

Give a second guess. Believe me, there is no way that you are going to guess it right. The answer is cemetery. Yep you read that right. It sounds creepy, right? Yep first time when my friend told me about it, I felt same way. Even though it sounded crazy I was very excited to go there after seeing how excited my friend was talking about it.

In fact, first time when I went there I was very surprised by seeing the number of people came to watch the movie. I guess the number was some where around 2000. Ok, let me get back to what I wanted to say before I veer off. The name of cemetery is Hollywood Forever Cemetery. According to my friend, this cemetery is for Hollywood personalities like actors, technicians, etc. It is weird to say something like this but after entering this cemetery I told my self that it was once classy cemetery. I guess it has that special Hollywood look.

Anyway, the screening takes place on the back wall of one medium height building. Oho, I'm sorry I forgot to say where this cemetery is. Of course, it is retarded of me to say it now after writing the name of the cemetery. I'm sure you know that Hollywood is in Los Angeles. Even though LA has nice weather through out the year unlike east coast, it gets cold to some times very cold during nights. Which means they screen the movies only during the summers. During my first time weather was extremely good. I had an amazing experience of watching the classic "Singin' in the rain". If you haven't seen this movie before, then I say you do a favor for yourself by getting this DVD tonight. Believe me you would love it.

It is amazing to see everyone enjoying themselves sitting there on the lawn. Everyone is in their own world clapping and whistling at every great scene. The best part is you could bring food and drinks along with some blankets and small chairs. It's like a picnic party. In simple words it was awesome.

First time when I was there it brought my childhood memories back. As I'm from a small village in India, now and then people used to play the movies on big screen in an open area. It was almost 25 years back. I think my fascination for movies started then in those tents. Screening used to take place on a white cloth.

For the second time, last week I went to this cemetery along with Kishan to watch a horror sci-fi movie "The Thing" starring Kurt Russel. It was second screening for this season and it was cold out there. In fact, it was damn cold. Even though I expected the movie to be typical horror movie, it was better than that as it was sci-fi too.

After this movie, I decided to come well prepared next time when we go there. Next time I'll go with some food and drinks, blankets and pillows. Would be nice to have our Indian items like bajji, etc :).

After watching the movie, I took some photos with Kishan's past life girlfriend's skeleton head. Funny thing is they came out very creepy. Kishan loves her so much he ended up making her bald by playing with her hair too much. You can see that it has only very few hairs left on her bald head. I'm adding those pics here. Let me know what you think of them.

Anyway, I hope we go there well prepared next time. The one thing I want to do there some time in the future is doing weed. I've always wanted to do it just to feel the so called high. One day I guess :)

Ok time to take leave. Tonight it's going to be my last day at YMCA. I want to get out of there on high note by playing the racquetball well. One last dig at my friend. Want to make him run like mad dog all over the court :)

Oho by the way I forgot to add this. I'm sure you agree with me that watching movie in a cemetery among those buried dead people is definitely creepy.

 Before and after the movie. I guess the last photo was very fitting end to my experience at that night. I think she was so angry with me that she just blasted my head off into vapors...
Pics: Courtesy of Kishan.

cheers
Sreedhar.

No comments:

PBS Script Generator: Interdependent dropdown/select menus in Javascript

PBS SCRIPT GENERATOR
SH/BASH TCSH/CSH
Begin End Abort

About Me

LA, CA, United States
Here I write about the battles that have been going on in my mind. It's pretty much a scribble.

Sreedhar Manchu

Sreedhar Manchu
Higher Education: Not a simple life anymore